[ptp-dev] Question about bug 292049

Hi Greg,

I'm revising the related source codes as required.
But there is one problem when I'm trying to create SLURMJobAttributes, instead of modifying JobAttributes.
When launching a job, the createjob() method in AbstractToolRuntimeSystem.java
needs to copy JobAttributes from "attrMgr" to "jobAttrMgr". For SLURM rms job launch,
job attributes must inlcude "numofnodes" and "timeLimit" attributes. If these job attributes are
moved to SLURMJobAttributes.java, some build errors will occur with the createjob() method:

Integer jobNumNodes = attrMgr.getAttribute(SLURMJobAttributes.getJobNumberOfNodesAttributeDefinition()).getValue());
Integer jobTimeLimit = attrMgr.getAttribute(SLURMJobAttributes.getJobTimeLimitAttributeDefinition()).getValue());

jobAttrMgr.addAttribute(SLURMJobAttributes.getJobNumberOfNodesAttributesDefinition().create(jobNumNodes));
jobAttrMgr.addAttribute(SLURMJobAttributes.getJobTimeLimitAttributesDefinition().create(jobTimeLimit));

However, when I tried to import org.eclipse.ptp.rm.slurm.core package(which includes class SLURMJobAttributes) in AbstractToolRuntimeSystem.java,
it says that "The import org.eclipse.ptp.rm.slurm cannot be resolved".

On the other hand, the "attrMgr" (which is initializied using launch configuration)  is ONLY processed in AbstractToolRuntimeSystem.java,
so it is not possible to add more attributes by the doCreateJob() method in SLURMResourceManager.java.

How to add SLURM specific job attributes when launching job if implementing SLURMJobAttributes.java, other than changing JobAttributes.java?

Regards,
Jie

Messenger保护盾2.0,更安全可靠的Messenger聊天! 现在就下载!

Back to the top