Re: [ptp-dev] PBS resource manager

Hi Thomas and Al,

The way LRZ modified JSch(0.1.41) is simply to extend globus support. Like Thomas says, we have to replace the current JSch plugin
com.jcraft.jsch_{version}. In addition, a Globus plugin is created (only required if one wishes to have gsissh support).
Without tje globus plugin, the existing JSch features will continue to function as usual.

I am not sure if this is the best way to go. As far as I can tell from JSch style of coding, they seem to prefer a one jar solution where all dependent libraries are modified and
integrated into Package com.jcraft.

Yes, I would try to integrate it to PTP 3.0 (on my TODO).

Cheers,
Cerlane

Albert L. Rossi wrote:
Hello Thomas,

These are valid points which I would have had to deal with if I were to modify our (NCSA) "plug-in" as well, which currently neither defines nor contributes to extension points (the original work I did on extending Jsch with the org.globus security packages was not directed primarily at Eclipse development).

At this point I am not sure what route the consensus wishes to take on this, though, so I will defer to others for a decision (perhaps we can discuss this on the next call).

thank you, Al

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
"History does not repeat itself, but often it rhymes." (attr. Mark Twain)

----- Thomas Köckerbauer <tkoeck@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello

There is also something like this in g-Eclipse (this was also created on
request by LRZ), there is a patched plugin at

http://savannah.fzk.de/cgi-
bin/viewcvs.cgi/fzk/geclipse/geclipse/development/com.jcraft.jsch/

This in this case it adds the globus toolkit as source for the certificate but
this can easily be extended to use other x509 certificates.

The only problem about that is that the original jsch plugin does not provide
any extension point to add such a functionality since it only packages the
jsch jar file (which can also not be extended by that functionality using a a
plugin fragment because of the way it resolves classes).

So the only way to get it running is to replace the normal Eclipse jsch plugin
completely.

The Eclipse way to integrate the functionality, which would be the most
desirable, would be to change the normal Eclipse jsch plugin to provide some
mechanism to extend it. If you are planing to go into that direction please
keep me updated because I would also like to use that solution in g-Eclipse
then.

Kind Regards,
Thomas