[ptp-dev] Problems/questions creating remote C project

I'm trying to set up a remote C project on a Linux system with the IBM C compiler installed and Eclipse running on a Windows XP system. I am using a RSE Dstore connection between the two systems, have server.pl running on the remote system and am connected to the remote system.

Again, I'm not sure what is supported, what I might be doing wrong, and what might be a problem.

I was able to specify the remote directory path and selected an empty C project and clicked next. I selected advanced settings on the next page to set up the project.

On the C/C++ Build/settings panel I selected the Elf parser and the XLC error parser.

I went to the Tool Chain Editor tab and selected the XLC tool chain and picked GNU make for the current builder

I went to the C/C++ Build/XL C/C++ compiler tab to enter the compiler path (my compiler is at /opt/ibmcmp/vac/9.0/bin/xlc). I had to type the compiler root path (/opt/ibmsmp/vac/9.0?) since the browse button gets me a local directory selector dialog.

I selected the Remote Paths and Services tabs but didn't change anything there. When I click any other selection in the project properties window after that I get an error popup 'The currently displayed page has invalid values' and I am stuck on the remote oaths and symbols page until I cancel the properties dialog.

After I changed the above settings in the advanced settings I clicked thru to the last page where I configured the Build and C/C++ indexing services to use my RSE Dstore connection

I created a source file and a makefile in the project top level directory, using New->Source file for the C code and New->File for the makefile. They did not show up in the project explorer view until after I right clicked in that vioeew and clicked refresh.

When I saved the file, Eclipse tried to build the project and failed with the following messages

**** Rebuild of configuration Debug for project test ****

**** Internal Builder is used for build               ****
Build error

I created a second Makefile in a Debug directory in my project and refreshed the project explorer view after creating the makefile. When I saved teh source file again, I got the same messages as above.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
Dave

Back to the top