[ptp-dev] Questions about MPI settings when setting up a remote MPI project

I finally have some time to try to use the remote project support in the PTP 2.1 builds. I am trying to create a MPI project, running Eclipse on a Windows XP system connected to a remote Linux system. I'm not sure what's supported, what I'd doing wrong, or what is a problem. I created a RSE dstore connection, started server.pl on the remote system and connected to that server.

After I open the remote project wizard, I selected a MPI Hello World project. I get prompted to set my MPI preferences. If I click yes, I get a dialog box where I can set include paths, but I can't add any since the directory selector dialog displays my local windows system directory structure, so there is no way I can pick a directory on the linux system, like /opt/ibmhpc/ppe.poe/include.

If I click thru to the MPI project settings page of the wizard and uncheck the default information checkbox, I can enter the directory for the includes and libraries.

After I click thru to finish the MPI project wizard, I tried to run the MPI Artifacts tool by selecting the Hello.c source file and picking MPI artifacts from the toolbar dropdown. I get a message telling me I need to set MPI preferences before I can use the MPI artifact tool.

I opened the MPI tab under the PLDT tab or PTP preferences, and click New to set the MPI include path. I get the same directory selector dialog showing me my local Windows system directory structure that I got when I first opened the remote project wizard and I cannot specify the Linux path to the include directory.

I also tried typing in the header include path by opening the project propertied and entering the path in the directories option for the GCC compiler

When I select the MPI artifacts tool, I get a popup dialog saying there were errors and no artifacts were found. I also don't have flyover help or interactive completion for any of the MPI functions.

Is there a way that I can set the MPI include path so I can use the MPI analysis tools?
Dave

Back to the top