Re: [ptp-dev] PTFw: two tool XML questions

wspear wrote:
To the first question, yes that looks correct.  Whatever scripting
language you use needs its executable be the program to which the
actual script is passed.  This is because the internal execution
system doesn't use a proper shell environment and can't interpret the
script itself.  It just launches executables with their parameters.

Okay, thanks for the additional information on that.

I'm having trouble reproducing the second issue on my system.  The
attached file is what the UI looks like by default and nothing is
enabled there (does everything else look as expected?).  Try just
leaving out the 'defstate' parameter altogether.  The default, when it
is not specified at all, should be disabled.  Where/when did you
obtain the version of the Perf Framework you are using?

The UI does look correct in the screenshot you provided. I tried leaving out the 'defstate' parameter, and got the same result: the first option ("Enable tracing") shows up initially selected.

It looks like the Performance Analysis Framework version I am using is 1.0.2.200806061515. I believe I got everything from within Eclipse using the PTP update site. I'd be willing to try a fresh install/setup of Eclipse and PTP if you would like to suggest a particular combination of plugins.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

I probably will have more questions coming up soon, as I foresee likely going beyond the initial integration steps using the tool XML file.

-Max

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 10:28 AM, Max Billingsley III