Re: [ptp-dev] Problem in MPICH2

Vrushali,

I can think of a few things that might be causing the problem. First, can you check if the proxy is running on the remote machine?

Other possibilities:

1. There's a problem with the remote connection. When you configured the resource manager, did you specify the path to the proxy using the "browse" button? If you do this, then the remote connection is verified (otherwise you wouldn't be able to specify the path).

2. The proxy can't figure out where your MPICH2 installation is. Try logging onto the remote machine and running the proxy manually. If you see something like this, then your path is not set up correctly.

/usr/local/mpi/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/Developer/Tools:/usr/texbin:/Users/greg/bin:/usr/X11/bin
Could not locate MPICH2 installation. Please check your PATH.

3. Your path is not correct when you run remotely.  Try running the proxy using the following command:

ssh remote_host /path/to/ptp_mpich2_proxy.py

If you get a similar message to (2) then you need to set your path in your .cshrc or .bashrc rather than your .login or .profile.

Let me know if any of these look like the problem.

Greg