Re: [ptp-dev] 2.0 Release Planning

Info for PLDT 2.0:

- a brief list of the major features
PLDT 2.0
-- adds a new single-menu UI for PLDT analysis features, simplifying the
editor toolbar
-- MPI Barrier Analysis detects possible deadlocks in MPI applications
-- New project wizards and templates for MPI and OpenMP projects
-- Welcome page addition includes pointers to PLDT information (PTP core
too)

- a brief list of the documentation and other non-code aspects

-- PLDT help includes instructions and tutorial for using the major
features.
-- Welcome page addition announces PLDT content and guides the user to
help/tutorial

- a brief list of non-provisional API's and extension points
None.

- anything else you want in the review
Nothing else I can think of.

I have updated the test plan on the wiki somewhat.

..Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

             Greg Watson
             <g.watson@compute
             r.org>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  Parallel Tools Platform general
             ptp-dev-bounces@e         developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             02/27/08 08:56 PM         ** [ptp-dev] 2.0 Release Planning

             Please respond to
              Parallel Tools
             Platform general
                developers
             <ptp-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

I think we're now in a position to finalize the 2.0 release, so I'd
like to propose the following timetable:

3/05/08 Release review documentation and legal review completed
3/12/08 PTP 2.0 release review
3/17/08 Final pre-release build
3/17/08 Start testing period
3/24/08 First release respin (if required)
3/28/08 End testing period
3/28/08 Second release respin (if required)
3/31/08 2.0 target release date

Unfortunately the first week of testing coincides with EclipseCon, but
I don't think there's anything we can do about that. Perhaps we can
have an informal test-a-thon at EclipseCon?

To meet this timetable, the following is required from each major
component provider:

1. By 3/5/08, provide:

- a brief list of the major features
- a brief list of the documentation and other non-code aspects
- a brief list of non-provisional API's and extension points
- anything else you want in the review

2. Update the 2.0 test plan prior to 3/17/08. The test plan is here:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/testing/2.x

3. Undertake some testing during the testing period.

The major component providers are:

Greg Watson - PTP Core
Beth Tibbitts - PLDT
Dave Wootton - PE/LL
Daniel Ferber - Remote Tools
Wyatt Spear - Performance Tools Framework/TAU

Please let me know if this is achievable, or if we need to reschedule
the release.

Thanks,

Greg