[ptp-dev] 2.0 Release Planning

I think we're now in a position to finalize the 2.0 release, so I'd like to propose the following timetable:

3/05/08 Release review documentation and legal review completed
3/12/08 PTP 2.0 release review
3/17/08 Final pre-release build
3/17/08 Start testing period
3/24/08 First release respin (if required)
3/28/08 End testing period
3/28/08 Second release respin (if required)
3/31/08 2.0 target release date

Unfortunately the first week of testing coincides with EclipseCon, but I don't think there's anything we can do about that. Perhaps we can have an informal test-a-thon at EclipseCon?

To meet this timetable, the following is required from each major component provider:

1. By 3/5/08, provide:

- a brief list of the major features
- a brief list of the documentation and other non-code aspects
- a brief list of non-provisional API's and extension points
- anything else you want in the review

2. Update the 2.0 test plan prior to 3/17/08. The test plan is here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/testing/2.x

3. Undertake some testing during the testing period.

The major component providers are:

Greg Watson - PTP Core
Beth Tibbitts - PLDT
Dave Wootton - PE/LL
Daniel Ferber - Remote Tools
Wyatt Spear - Performance Tools Framework/TAU

Please let me know if this is achievable, or if we need to reschedule the release.

Thanks,

Greg

Back to the top