Re: [ptp-dev] 2.0 Release Planning

Greg

Here's what I think you are looking for.
Is the expectation that I (or my team) would be responsible for testing
the PE and LoadLeveler plugins as described below?
I think these dates are ok. I don't have anything better. I will be kind
of unavailable 3/10-3-14 because of the STCI meeting plus other work,
Other than that, I will need to find the time to do this.

1. By 3/5/08, provide:

- a brief list of the major features
1) Invoke a parallel application running interactively under IBM Parallel
Environment (PE), optionally using  IBM's LoadLeveler to manage access to
computing resources
2) Submit a batch job to LoadLeveler
3) Monitor the status of applications run under PE and batch jobs
submitted to LoadLeveler
4) This support is for AIX and Linux on IBM System p hardware supported by
PE and LoadLeveler as well as on x86 architecture systems supported by PE
and LoadLeveler

- a brief list of the documentation and other non-code aspects
1) All documentation is provided as online help in the Eclipse online help
system
2) The PE and LoadLeveler plugins rely on proxies that run on an AIX or
Linux node in the computing cluster. The proxy may need to be built in a
separate step following PTP installation if the Eclipse software is
installed on a different system, for instance a Microsoft Windows system,
than the node where the proxy will be run.

- a brief list of non-provisional API's and extension points
These plugins do not export any new/changed API or extension points
- anything else you want in the review

2. Update the 2.0 test plan prior to 3/17/08. The test plan is here:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/testing/2.x
I think my additions to the test plan would be to verify the correct
operation of the resources tab of the launch configuration, the resource
manager wizard and the preferences panel for both PE and LoadLeveler as
well as verifying correct operation of the existing PTP runtime views with
both PE and LoadLeveler jobs, with some testing on both AIX and Linux.

Dave

Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
02/27/2008 08:56 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
[ptp-dev] 2.0 Release Planning

I think we're now in a position to finalize the 2.0 release, so I'd
like to propose the following timetable:

3/05/08 Release review documentation and legal review completed
3/12/08 PTP 2.0 release review
3/17/08 Final pre-release build
3/17/08 Start testing period
3/24/08 First release respin (if required)
3/28/08 End testing period
3/28/08 Second release respin (if required)
3/31/08 2.0 target release date

Unfortunately the first week of testing coincides with EclipseCon, but
I don't think there's anything we can do about that. Perhaps we can
have an informal test-a-thon at EclipseCon?

To meet this timetable, the following is required from each major
component provider:

1. By 3/5/08, provide:

- a brief list of the major features
- a brief list of the documentation and other non-code aspects
- a brief list of non-provisional API's and extension points
- anything else you want in the review

2. Update the 2.0 test plan prior to 3/17/08. The test plan is here:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/testing/2.x

3. Undertake some testing during the testing period.

The major component providers are:

Greg Watson - PTP Core
Beth Tibbitts - PLDT
Dave Wootton - PE/LL
Daniel Ferber - Remote Tools
Wyatt Spear - Performance Tools Framework/TAU

Please let me know if this is achievable, or if we need to reschedule
the release.

Thanks,

Greg