Re: [ptp-dev] Proxy Protocol

Greg -

Pls see the follow-up question inline

Greg Watson wrote:

No, the wire protocol only specifies the message structure.

The transport protocol is currently TCP/IP, but this will probably change when I finish adding remote support. It's likely that one of the options will be to tunnel across an ssh connection. Also, a static port number is not used. Eclipse generates a dynamic port number which the proxy connects to (it's passed as a command line argument to the proxy.)

Can you elaborate more on the process on how this connection should be established? From the spec, it gives me the impression that backend proxy should act as a server, but, it is "command-driven" by the eclipse front. Aforementioned (and the code itself) indicate the proxy does connect back to Eclipse front (a dynamic port as server port?).

Thanks

Feiyi

Back to the top