[ptp-dev] Changes to RM wizard

Randy,

I want to add a remote page to the RM wizard. At least initially, this page will specify the hostname and user credentials to enable a remote proxy launch.

I'm thinking of reordering the pages as follows:

1. Choose Resource Manager Type

2. Resource Manager Name and Description

3. Remote Access

4. RM Specific Pages

The Remote Access page will only appear if RSE is installed, but will always appear if it is. It will have a checkbox to enable/disable remote access. When remote access is enabled, three more text boxes will be enabled: hostname, username and password. I may add a protocol selector (ssh, etc.) later.

The remote settings will need to be persisted with other RM information. If remote is enabled on an RM, but you start Eclipse without RSE installed, the RM should be disabled (i.e. the start button would be grayed out).

One of the RM Specific Pages will need to specify the location of the proxy executable, either local or remote.

Also, I'd like to simplify the pages somewhat. The 'Choose Resource Manager Type' page looks like this:

  Choose Resource Manager Type
    Create a New Resource Manager

  (box) Add Resource Manager
    (box)Choose Resource Manager
    (list)Resource manager Types:

Do we need the extra 'Add Resource Manager' and 'Choose Resource Manager' boxes?

The 'Resource Manager Name and Description' page looks like this:

  Resource Manager Name and Description
    Create a New Resource Manager

  (box) Add Resource Manager
    (box)Name and Description
    Name:
    (text box)
    (text box)

There is a lot of text on this page that is also on the 'Choose Resource Manager Type' page. Again, can we drop 'Add Resource Manager' and 'Name and Description', and change 'Create a New Resource Manager' to something more informative?

Finally the RM specific page just says something like 'ORTE Configuration Wizard Page'. This should be something more descriptive.

Comments?

Greg

Back to the top