[ptp-dev] RE: ANTLR licensing issues

Actually, the issue isn't licensing. BSD is a very friendly license that
should be easily compatible with EPL. The issue is whether ANTLR is IP
clean, i.e. can we trace where every bit of contribution has come from and
are all of the contributions legally acceptable for inclusion in Eclipse
projects.

I'm pretty sure this applies to the generated code as well as the run-time,
especially with ANTLR where most of the logic (i.e. IP) of the parser and
lexer algorithms is in the generated code.

As this becomes a serious issue, we should probably start the IP approval
process sooner than later. As you guys are probably the furthest along, I'll
let you guys make that decision.

BTW, which project are you contributing the Fortran 2003 grammar, I'm
assuming Photran, but the Photran front seems dead quiet right now? Do you
have this code checked in?

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems
Eclipse CDT Project Lead, Tools PMC Member

Back to the top