http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

  From:   Craig Rasmussen <crasmussen@xxxxxxxx>

  To:     Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

  Cc:     Doug Schaefer <DSchaefer@xxxxxxx>, Chris
          Recoskie/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, "Christopher D. Rickett"
          <crickett@xxxxxxxx>

  Date:   29/11/2006 11:53 AM

  Subject ANTLR licensing issues
  :

At the last PTP telecon, Doug brought up the unpleasant possibility
that we may not be able to use ANTLR because of licensing issues.  As
we are rather far along with the Fortran 2003 grammar, this would be
unfortunate.  Chris Rickett and I have been discussing the
possibility of replacing the ANTLR runtime if there are licensing
issues with it.  Fortran lexing is problematic anyway, so it wouldn't
be too far out of bounds for us to replace the whole runtime.

My question is, is there any licensing issues with the EPL using
ANTLR generated files (both parser and lexer) and not the runtime
(jar files)?

Cheers,
Craig

Back to the top