[ptp-dev] Project Debug setup

I am creating a Managed Make C project to run a parallel Hello World test job and have a problem.

When I am in the C/C++ perspective, I right-click on the project folder, and select Debug As, Debug. I make a new Parallel Application, give it a name, and select the application to be Debug/testPhello. This is the folder where the debug executable is created. I set the number of processes to 2, and select SDM to be the debugger. When I click Debug, it saves my settings, initializes the debugger, and puts me back into the C/C++ perspective.

Here I notice that a new hello.c file is opened in the editor. When I click on it’s tab, it says: /testPhello/Debug/hello.c does not exist. I don’t know why it’s looking inside the Debug folder for the source file. I tried putting a copy of hello.c inside the Debug folder but this did not change things.

If I ‘Run’ the job, everything works as expected. I can see what I’ve done differently between Run and Debug. Any suggestions? I’ve built and rebuild new projects trying to eliminate my mistake, but I am clearly doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

PS. I can get around this with a non-managed Makefile, but I’m hoping to understand/use the Eclipse Build features.

Back to the top