Re: [ptp-dev] PLDT early preview available on Nightly Builds Page

Beth Tibbitts wrote:
Here's how I built PLDT:
(Note that the pldt can be completely separately built from the rest of
ptp)
1. Check out all the pldt projects from cvs, each into a separate project
within your workspace
    Note that you need CDT 3.1, and thus Eclipse 3.2, for PLDT.
2. RightMouse on the feature project (org.eclipse.ptp.pldt) -- it knows to
include all the other pldt projects.
    Export .... Plug-in Development ... Deployable features, Next
3. At bottom of next page, on Destination tab,  select Directory if you
want to create them such that you can copy them into your features &
plugins directory,
    or select Archive File  if you want to build a big zip file (like what
I built for download)
    On the Options tab I suggest "Package as individual JAR archives"
    Click Finish and it gets built and put where you indicated (directory
or archive file)
4. Now install in your eclipse: shut down eclipse, copy (or unzip) into the
features & plugins directory, and restart Eclipse.

Thank you for the instructions. Everything works as you said. I am now able to successfully build the PLDT plugins.

-Joshua Ebel
Bivio Networks

Back to the top