Re: [ptp-dev] PLDT early preview available on Nightly Builds Page

Here's how I built PLDT:
(Note that the pldt can be completely separately built from the rest of
ptp)
1. Check out all the pldt projects from cvs, each into a separate project
within your workspace
    Note that you need CDT 3.1, and thus Eclipse 3.2, for PLDT.
2. RightMouse on the feature project (org.eclipse.ptp.pldt) -- it knows to
include all the other pldt projects.
    Export .... Plug-in Development ... Deployable features, Next
3. At bottom of next page, on Destination tab,  select Directory if you
want to create them such that you can copy them into your features &
plugins directory,
    or select Archive File  if you want to build a big zip file (like what
I built for download)
    On the Options tab I suggest "Package as individual JAR archives"
    Click Finish and it gets built and put where you indicated (directory
or archive file)
4. Now install in your eclipse: shut down eclipse, copy (or unzip) into the
features & plugins directory, and restart Eclipse.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 455 Park Place, Lexington, KY 40511

             Joshua Ebel
             <jebel@xxxxxxxxx>
             ptp-dev-bounces@e         Parallel Tools Platform general
             clipse.org                developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             07/12/2006 01:55                                      Subject
             AM                        Re: [ptp-dev] PLDT early preview
                                       available on Nightly Builds Page

             Please respond to
              Parallel Tools
             Platform general
                developers
             <ptp-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Beth Tibbitts wrote:
> I'll try to watch.
> I'll also add an "announcement" there shortly.
> If you have questions about building or developing PTP/PLDT, those
> questions go here on the ptp-dev mailing list.
>
> Feedback welcome!

The new plugin files worked perfectly. Thanks for the quick work Beth!

I  `almost` have gotten the cvs tree building here. From what I gather I
need to modify the manifest somehow to build fragments? Eclipse keeps
creating 1 jar for the entire PTP project. Any input would be much
appreciated.

Thanks again,
-Joshua Ebel
Bivio Networks