[platform-dev] Re: linux installation of Eclipse

Hi,
which directory, to you, is the most suitable to perform a linux installation? I tried to install the package by only copying under /usr/local directory but I could not access it as my default non-root user. The next step I tried to perform is the creation of a bash script, in wich I launch eclipse login script by changing my present working directory and then calling straightly eclipse.Then I return to the previous directory I were into.
The scripts is something like this:

curdir=$(pwd)
cd /usr/local/eclipse
./eclipse &
cd $curdir

That works but, if I try to open under any other account, including root, the current workspace shown is the same I saved in the session of my primary account. Is that a correct behavior of the platform or should I modify my option? and how? Anyone can help me by telling where should I have to put the package since I have a Slackware Distribution (ver 10.0).
Thanks to all,

Marco

Back to the top