Re: [paho-dev] Paho Python client v2.1.0 release

Le 24/06/2024 à 00:27, Greg Troxel a écrit :

It is trouble for packaging systems to have a package paho-mqtt which
has a tarball paho_mqtt.  This just doesn't make sense to me at all.

If the name of the package is going to be paho_mqtt and the distfile
matching, that seems ok.

Hi,

I understand that having non-matching name between package and file is unexpected, but following standard is better that going against it.

Renaming the package might be even worst action, as the new and old name must be considered the same package but all tools or much more trouble will occur.

I'll try to look at some other Python project that use (or used) "-" in package name to see how they handled this, but I think packaging systems will have to handle this case as I don't see any better solution.

Pierre Fersing

Back to the top