Re: [paho-dev] Paho Python client v2.1.0 release

Pierre Fersing via paho-dev <paho-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> the release of Python client version 2.1.0 is available on PyPI:
> https://pypi.org/project/paho-mqtt/2.1.0/

I'm updating pkgsrc, having decided that between the compat improvements
in 2.1.0 and the time having passed, it's ok.

I noticed that the distfile was unfetchable because on pypi the download
file is misnamed, with a _ instead of -.

 https://pypi.org/project/paho-mqtt/#files

 https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/39/15/0a6214e76d4d32e7f663b109cf71fb22561c2be0f701d67f93950cd40542/paho_mqtt-2.1.0.tar.gz

and this requires working around in packaging.

I wonder how this happened, and if it should be more automated.

Are you able to upload new tarball with the right name and update pypi?

Thanks,
Greg

Back to the top