Re: [orion-dev] Draft Orion proposal

John,

One issue that I think we need to consider carefully is how Orion fits within the scope of the Eclipse project’s charter[1]. My read of the Scope section of the existing charter is that Orion does not fit within Eclipse’s scope. The operative sentence being: “The Eclipse Project encompasses both the Eclipse platform technology itself, and a set of tools that together form the software development kit (SDK) for building Eclipse-based tools.

Has perhaps the time come to update the Eclipse Project charter?

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/eclipse-charter.php

Mike Milinkovich

Office: +1.613.224.9461 x228

Mobile: +1.613.220.3223