Re: [open-regulatory-compliance] Manufacturer's responsibility

On 5 Aug 2024, at 17:56, Enzo Ribagnac via open-regulatory-compliance <open-regulatory-compliance@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Olle,

To your original question: that's not what I meant.

Manufacturers cannot sell products without exercising due diligence on their open source components. Another words, I have to check that all my open source components are in line with some CRA requirements.

One way to do that, is to check if the OSS components have the attestation granted by the given authority in the text.

If the project doesn't have an attestation, then each manufacturer will have to "manually" check every single requirements, for every single components of the final product to be put on the market. If one OSS component does not pass the manual due diligence test, then the product cannot be put on the market…
Unless the manufacturer assumes full responsibility for that component (in practice forks the component) - right?

E.g product A, integrates a 100 OSS components without attestation, my company has to manually exercise a due diligence process for each of them, ensuring that each component is in line with each one of the related CRA requirements.

/O

Best,
Enzo