[open-regulatory-compliance] Manufacturer's responsibility

Hi!

Hopefully a final question based on Enzo’s excellent presentation (go watch it if you haven’t).

If I understood Enzo right, a manufacturer can’t include a open source component without a valid attestation.

The way I see it is if a manufacturer includes Open Source software and that project either dies, remains or becomes non-compliant it will still be the responsibility of the manufacturer to make sure the full product placed on the EU market is compliant.

Is this an invalid assumption?

Cheers,
/O

Back to the top