[oniro-wg] MoM - Oniro WG Steering Committee 2022wk13

Hello,

## MoM Oniro Steering Committee 2022wk13

please find the Minutes of Meeting (MoM), approved today.

Link: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipse-wg/oniro-wg/sc-wg-oniro/meetings-steering-commitee-oniro-wg/-/blob/main/2022-mom-oniro-wg-sc/eclipse-oniro-wg-steering-committee-agenda-mom-2022wk13.md

Please find on gitlab the approved minutes from previous meetings.

Link: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipse-wg/oniro-wg/sc-wg-oniro/meetings-steering-commitee-oniro-wg/-/tree/main/2022-mom-oniro-wg-sc

### MoM key points

This are the key points of the meeting

"### Oniro Goofy Roadmap Approval

* #link to the current epics <https://gitlab.eclipse.org/groups/eclipse-wg/
oniro-wg/roadmap-oniro-wg/engineering-roadmap/-/epic_boards/59>

Davide describes the single points that are problematic (in terms of
confidence we have enough workforce to complete them in time), or are outright
struck out for the same reasons.

* #link to the proposed roadmap to approve <https://gitlab.eclipse.org/
eclipse-wg/oniro-wg/sc-wg-oniro/meetings-steering-commitee-oniro-wg/-/blob/
main/resources_documentation_presentations/Oniro-Goofy-Roadmap-
approved-20220331.pdf>

Questions and objections?

Amit: no.

Davide: container and optimization we know matter a lot to prospective
partners -- if we end up not achieving 100% we need to prioritize we'll be
less appealing, so we need to work with them which kind of features are
minimum set to be viable for them to join.

Agustin: How do we re-approve any changes in requirements from here to the
next one-two months? Davide: any requirements that needs to be done within
Goofy needs to be brought to the attention of the SC, otherwise no chances
will occur.

A: if in one month we have RM in place, what we can do is bring it again and
approve changes. D: yes, it would be minimal.

Sharon -- this is a document that is going to be approved, so it needs to be
in the agenda and circulated well beforehand so people can take informed
decisions, has it? Davide: it has. Sharon -- Everybody needs to be have a
chance to review diligently. Davide: anyway if a member requests more time
he's allowed and we can wait until the next SC or we can have an electronic
vote in the intervening time.

Carlo suggests that the roadmap is "sealed and marked" as a result of today's
approval, circulated to be discussed in the following days in case there are
unnoticed modification or points that went unaddressed. Agustin asks to have a
PDF to be put on Gitlab whose address is shared with the SC members.

### Resolutions

- Agenda is approved

- Minutes of last meeting are approved

- Roadmap for Goofy is approved (80% confidence). Roadmap will be transformed
into a PDF and will be open for inspection at designated place until next
meeting for final approval (of the document). #link to the .pdf version
<https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipse-wg/oniro-wg/sc-wg-oniro/meetings-steering-commitee-oniro-wg/-/blob/main/resources_documentation_presentations/Oniro-Goofy-Roadmap-approved-20220331.pdf>

- Until the roadmapping process is approved, changes to this roadmap will need
to be reviewed and approved. We will do a quarterly review and will bring to
Oniro WG SC significant changes if there are.

### AoB  (Open Floor)

None, private part of the meeting is adjourned at 15:34

Open discussion participants are allowed to join.

### Roadmap process discussion

* #link to the diagram that summarises the relation between specs, initiatives
and a release <https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipse-wg/oniro-wg/roadmap-oniro-wg/wishlist-roadmap/wishlist-repo/-/raw/main/Oniro_elements_relation.png>
* #link Infographic that summarises the process (draft) as well as relevant
links <https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipse-wg/oniro-wg/roadmap-oniro-wg/
wishlist-roadmap/wishlist-repo/-/blob/main/
oniro_roadmapping_process_infographic.pdf>
* #link Roadmapping process description (draft) <https://gitlab.eclipse.org/
groups/eclipse-wg/oniro-wg/roadmap-oniro-wg/wishlist-roadmap/-/wikis/home>

This is "public phase". Agustin re-describes the flow for forming the roadmap.
Invites people to review and provide feedback during the intervening time, at
the next meeting he will bring a further draft of the document.

Adrian: is it going to be run past the PMC? Agustin confirms for the release
all the items must be approved. There is a need to avoid inconsistencies
between roadmap and release. So the corner cases need anyway to be resolved
within the Roadmap Team.

### Program Plan introduction

* Please find the Program Plan draft in .pptx , .odp and .pdf versions in this
folder of the repository: #link <https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipse-wg/oniro-wg/sc-wg-oniro/meetings-steering-commitee-oniro-wg/-/tree/main/program-plan-and-budget-oniro-wg>

Agustin discusses:

- The program plan is upon the WG, EF can only support.
- Runs through the slides above referenced.
- No-brainers are no brainers.
- Program objectives is where decisions start needing to be made. For each
there are strategies and tactics.
- Growth metrics are addressed.
- Member participation is discussed

We need to finalize the Program plan so that we start spending budget.

Davide is going to take over the process and go rounds to receive input from
members and have the doc uploaded in 7 days so that everybody can add,
subtract.

Agustin takes the task of disseminating. We can have 1/2 hr next week to
discuss the status of the document. Good idea for Davide. 3:30 CEST Thursday
April 7th"

Best Regards

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Oniro Program Manager | Eclipse Foundation