Re: [oniro-wg] Questions about the existing infrastructure: links

Hello Philippe,

On Monday, December 6, 2021 9:51:06 AM WET Philippe Coval wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 6, 2021 at 10:07 AM Jaroslaw Marek (Jarek) <
>
> jaroslaw.marek@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > (...)
> > * Have you guys configured a matrix node? If yes, do you guys have it
> > working with openID? This might be one of the options to consider for a
> > chat solution.
> >
> > I might have more questions next week as I work further on the topic.
>
> Hi about matrix,
>
> AFAIK we're not running any instance yet but some of us are already using
> matrix clients
> to chat in our community IRC room as explained at:
>
> https://docs.oniroproject.org/en/latest/community-chat-platform.html
>
> As a matrix fan, I can help to explain details if needed

I have used it before, not just in Open Source environments but also in B2B
collaboration since it is very IP/corporate-lawyers friendly given its
federated nature. For our context, it also could be interesting.

We need to evaluate the costs of implementing it, maintain it, its integration
with OpenID and the availability of suppliers that could provide support in
case we want to go for it, among other variables.

I have added it to the plan as one alternative to decide upon.

> My 2c
Best Regards

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Oniro Program Manager | Eclipse Foundation