Re: [oniro-wg-marketing] Digest Email April 2022 - Oniro updates in a glance

Hello,

On Thursday, May 5, 2022 11:08:16 AM CEST Salvatore Cina wrote:
> Hello Agustin,
> Thank you!
>
> Yes, it works.
> I could upload this report and the previous one (March 2022) here:
> https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipse-wg/oniro-wg/marketing-oniro/visuals-reso
> urces-oniro/-/tree/main/assets-visuals-resources-oniro/marketing_digest_repo
> rt_oniro. Is it the proper folder or I decide for another one?

Up to you. No strong opinion from my side.

> Lastly, Do I upload just the pdf version or even the ppt version?

I suggest to upload both.

You will hear me saying more than once that, in an open source project, you
cannot assume that people uses the same tools that you do. Following standards
and widely accepted conventions is essential to make everybody else work and
collaboration easier.

I suggest also to be consistent and follow conventions with the file names:
* I suggest to add the word "oniro" to the file name.
   * It will be easier to search for people dealing with marketing from
different projects and also to find when stored locally on laptops.
* I suggest to not use spaces in the file names.
   * There are people who uses gitlab through command line and spaces in file
names are no standard.
* Please always add the format to the file name.
   * This saves time for those using different tools for different type of
formats.
* Avoid upper cases so files are easy to manipulate from command line and some
other "technical" tooling.
* Some suggest to avoid special characters.
   * I am guilty here because I use a lot of underscores instead of dashes. I
try but not always make it.

So the result would be something like...

oniro-marketing-digest-202201.pdf
oniro-marketing-digest-202201.pptx

Check articles like this one

Link: https://www.csudh.edu/web-services/web-standards/file-folder-naming/

or any other, searching for "file naming conventions" or "file naming best
practices".

> Kind Regards,
> Salvatore

Best Regards