Re: [omr-dev] our coding standard

I'd like to reopen the discussion on adopting a common coding standard. Based on the original discussion (which took place over two years ago), we're looking at adopting clang-format based tooling to implement a webkit-style format. I've opened PR #3390 which adds a .clang-format to the root of OMR. The PR has more information and links to code samples. Please take a look!

https://github.com/eclipse/omr/pull/3390

During (and immediately after) the winter break, there is usually a lull in development. Now might be our best chance to reformat the codebase, and minimize the negative impact on developers. If we can finalize a common clang-format now, then we can start migrating code to the new format early in the new year.

- Rob

GIF image

Back to the top