Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] Re: About the last version of the Sphinx proposal

Yes, we do want to build something together for the whole community (in a constuctive way).
To reach a good proposal that satisfies the community, we need to understand each other, gather our different experiences,  define goals, and refine them in terms of services and components that we can provide to the community.
I have just posted a mail in that direction. I hope it will help.
Finally we just request that Papyrus be precisely analysed as it exists now (not as it was initiated 14 months ago during the initial contribution) and that the backbone services be recognized as possible implementations of the services listed in the Sphinx proposal goals (scope).
Seems to be a reasonnable request
cheers
raphaël

Stephan Eberle a écrit :
Hi all,
How did this presentation of MDT Papyrus backbone as an open platform to support any modeling editor could evolve to the following description: "Papyrus backbone which provides basic facilities required for UML2 editors (see Code contributions for detail)" ?
Kenn,  do you really agree with this description? do you really think that MDT Papyrus backbone is limited to basic facilities for (only) UML2 editors?
I'd like to attract your attention to Papyrus wiki (http://wiki.eclipse.org/MDT/Papyrus):

11/25/2008 - We are proud to announce you that the initial contribution for the MDT's component Papyrus has been done today :-) The bundle of code provided for this initial contribution to Papyrus consists of two features that gathered a set of additional plug-ins. The core feature consists of a set of plug-in that together supply the basic facilities required for the UML2 editor. It is also called the backbone of Papyrus....
It is probably considered as a simple bad rephrasing but it changes a lot the position of MDT papyrus and could provide confusion within the modeling community.
I don't want anyone to blame for anything here. But I'd like to emphasis here is that there isn't any bad faith behind any of the statements in this proposal.

And again, its a PROPOSAL which can still be CHANGED no matter if it has already been published or not.

So, I'd like to invite everyone to continue provide feedback and to notice that all feedback will be dealt with. But please do it in a constructive way. This is not an attack. The objective is no more and no less than to shape a common vision across Papyrus and Artop team. In order to be able to provide a common solution to the modeling community. Only a failure to do so is what would create real confusion in the modeling community
and would it make unlikely that anyone gets convinced of the usefulness of Papyrus, Artop or Sphinx.

Thank you for your understanding,

Stephan

--
Raphaël FAUDOU

Image Signature IOC Raphaël FAUDOU
Responsable cellule Innovation / bureau méthodes
Head of Innovation & Method Definition
Embedded systems & critical systems
Atos Origin

Tel     : +33 (0)5 34 36 32 89
Tel     : +33 (0)6 10 53 50 44
Mail   : raphael.faudou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Atos Origin
6, Impasse Alice Guy
BP 43045
31024 Toulouse Cedex 3, France

P Avant d'imprimer cet e-mail, pensez à l'environnement. Ce message et les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et réservés à l'usage exclusif de ses destinataires. Il peut également être protégé par le secret professionnel. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur et de le détruire. L'intégrité du message ne pouvant être assurée sur Internet, la responsabilité du groupe Atos Origin ne pourra être recherchée quant au contenu de ce message. Bien que les meilleurs efforts soient faits pour maintenir cette transmission exempte de tout virus, l'expéditeur ne donne aucune garantie à cet égard et sa responsabilité ne saurait être recherchée pour tout dommage résultant d'un virus transmis.
P Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail. This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Atos Origin group liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.

Back to the top