Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] Specification of the single file management

Thibault,

This is a great starting point. A couple of comments/observations:

- we should get into the habit of using the term "resource" rather than "file" because, ultimately, it shouldn't matter (to the tool) where/how the content of a model/diagram is stored
- I think the requirement to support containment proxies (control/uncontrol actions) necessarily means that more than one physical resource will make up a model
- just because compare/merge tooling doesn't support comparison of binary resources out of the box doesn't mean we should exclude it as a native serialization format, at least in my mind
- if we want to support arbitrary repositories (e.g. CVS vs. CDO, etc.) transparently, we may need an "internal" storage structure/format that is different from the source/storage format
- we should also consider "backup" resources, e.g. so that we can support things like autosave

Cheers,

Kenn