[lsp4e-dev] LanguageClientImpl not API?

Hi there,

In the lsp4e-cpp plugin, we are looking to add support for some custom server -> client messages. I see that LSP4E provides a mechanism to do this, by specifying a class that extends LanguageClientImpl as the value of the "clientImpl" attribute [1] in the "languageServer" extension point implementation.

When I do this, however, I get the following warning:

"Discouraged access: The type 'LanguageClientImpl' is not API"

Is this a problem in our project configuration? Or is LanguageClientImpl really not API (in which case, how does that square with it being the class we are required to derive from to implement this extension point)?

Thanks,
Nate

[1] https://git.eclipse.org/c/lsp4e/lsp4e.git/tree/org.eclipse.lsp4e/schema/languageServer.exsd?id=c462c9283f0bd635d5c6d7f801e08851ff075c2c#n79

Back to the top