Re: [lsp4e-dev] LSP4E+DockerTools

Hi Martin,

The ideas we may continue to work on (while the value for Eclipse IDE end-users is still arguable in my opinion as Docker is not really part of the regular stack of a lambda developer these days and cost a lot in resources) are more topics for LSPHub projects, about automating discovery of possible LS as Docker images for a given file (like MPC discovers Eclipse plugins, LSP4E could discover language server as Docker images) and also standardizing entry-points and CLI options so all Docker images could start LS with the same settings.
I've posted about it those on the lsphub-dev mailing-list. Please join if you want to be involved or aware of some possible development.

But, the value here is not in Docker as a container (actually, a container is more negative value for a devtools in a workstation where isolation is less important than disk space), but in Docker as a provisioning service. Depending on the "market" and Red Hat strategy, it could also be that we evaluate similar workflows with alternative provisioning technologies.
If we happen to work on this, I'll try to report it with a similar video.

Cheers,

Back to the top