[lsp4e-dev] Preferences for particular language servers

Hi all,

As mentioned previously [1], there is a GSoC project underway to integrate Eclipse CDT with the Language Server Protocol.

As part of this work, we are adding a preference page where the user can choose a C++ language server (there are currently two you can pick from, ClangD and CQuery), specify its path in the filesystem, and specify startup options to pass to it. (Additional preferences may be added later.)

I was wondering if it would be possible to somehow integrate this with the existing "Language Servers" preference page. For example, the "Language Servers" preference page has a list of Content Type to Language Server associations. Perhaps, next to the entry for the C/C++ Language Server, it would make sense to have a "Configure..." button that opens our specific preference page?

I'm open to suggestions for what is the best way to do this. Would also be curious to hear how other projects are dealing with this.

Thanks,
Nate

[1] https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/lsp4e-dev/msg00222.html

Back to the top