[technology-pmc] proposing a java 9 breakout session for february

As a follow up to this weeks PMC meeting James and myself had a chance to speak with the steering committee around our Java 9 roadmap concerns. The changes made introduce a module system that has some exciting, but significant, consequences for our Java libraries and projects.

With this in mind we are looking to pull together a breakout meeting in early February. We will be seeking a presenter (from redhat, oracle or eclipse) some background on these changes. We will also invite Torben from the GeoTools project who has done some initial testing.

It is likely that this activity will scare up a lot of work over the course of 2018. Consider this meeting an initial planning opportunity for cross project coordination, and setting sprint priorities in 2018.

Please reply with your availability / interest.
--
Jody Garnett

Back to the top