Re: [technology-pmc] Syncing LocationTech Maven artifacts to Maven Central

hHi,

Sorry for the delay.

No, it's not possible to publish/sync artifacts from LocationTech Nexus
to Maven Central directly. Sonatype only allows artifacts to be uploaded
from the commercial version of Nexus (Nexus Pro). The bylaws of the
Foundation forbid us to use proprietary software. So it's a showstopper.

Instead, we can use Sonatype's OSS Repository Hosting (OSSRH) service
(http://central.sonatype.org/pages/ossrh-guide.html). It's already used
by a few Eclipse projects successfully. It requires more manual effort
and can only be done on a per-project-basis.

HTH.

Regards,

Fred

On 30.11.2016 21:54, Jim Hughes wrote:
> Hi webmaster,
>
> During the LocationTech PMC, we discussed whether or not it is possible
> to push/sync artifacts published to the LocationTech Nexus up to Maven
> central.
>
> Is that something which could be enabled easily?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jim

Back to the top