Re: [technology-pmc] Meet tomorrow?

Hi all,

I'm in; I'm excited to share how we are doing with GeoMesa's release process.

Cheers,

Jim

On 02/24/2015 04:10 PM, Andrew Ross wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to suggest the PMC meet tomorrow from 15:00 to 16:00 eastern. I plan to be there myself.

In my opinion, each of the project leads has learned a ton since the last time we met. And some projects, such as GeoMesa for example, have made considerable progress.

Currently, the IP team has prioritized GeoMesa and feels it should be pretty darned close in terms of build dependencies with check-in granted to be able to be built from LocationTech hardware. GeoGig is next, followed by GeoTrellis.

It would be useful to meet and talk about the next steps for GeoMesa and also touch on each of the other projects to help them along. Even for those not close to the head of the IP queue, there are some useful things like getting committer paperwork in & such that are good to just get done.

Given it's wide re-use, JTS may be next depending on Martin's schedule.

SFCurve may jump up to the head of the queue. It's pretty small & tight at the moment, so should go through pretty quickly.

Worth talking about all this, and repo.locationtech.org.

See you tomorrow if you can make it!

Andrew