That's correct, projects can not use GitHub issues (we have no mechanism in place to sync with Bugzilla). You will need to migrate current issues etc to Bugzilla. This ensures everyone in the community can view and access them; both today and far into the future (our perspective being what happens if we no longer used GitHub due to changes in its business model for instance).

HTH,

Richard

On 2014-07-27, 5:15 PM, david.w.smiley@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 2:22 PM, Wayne Beaton <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is why, for example, we can have code in GitHub repositories (which the Webmaster mirrors on Eclipse Foundation servers), but cannot use GitHub Issues (because we currently do not have a solution for mirroring the issues).

Woah.  Does that also mean that projects on GitHub (like Spatial4j) should not use GitHub issues to track features, bugs, etc?

~ David Smiley
Freelance Apache Lucene/Solr Search Consultant/Developer