Re: [technology-pmc] Minutes for July 23, 2014 Meeting

I assume that Andrew is going in this direction anyway, but thought I'd take the opportunity to introduce an important topic.

Google Docs are handy (certainly for shared editing), but the board has quite reasonably mandated that we have "freedom of action" with respect to the use of external resources and services.

Effectively, this means that we can use external resources, provided they can be mirrored/cloned so that we can survive that external resource or service disappearing.

This is why, for example, we can have code in GitHub repositories (which the Webmaster mirrors on Eclipse Foundation servers), but cannot use GitHub Issues (because we currently do not have a solution for mirroring the issues).

The simplest thing to do, probably, is to just post the approved minutes in the email.

Wayne