Re: [technology-pmc] Seeking exempt status JAI and ImageIO dependencies

That is distressing, so we are left with "exempt pre-req" and the necessity of asking user to install components which do not have an easy to use installer.
So we are caught between our user experience and continuing with incubation.

We did try and do a preflight check[1] on this matter before joining LocationTech, and it has been discussed[2] several times during incubation.

Jody
[2] https://locationtech.org/mhonarc/lists/udig-dev/msg22301.html (sorry the archive contains funny CSS rendering the last half of the page invisible, use select-all to read)