Re: [technology-pmc] Seeking exempt status JAI and ImageIO dependencies

Thanks Jody starting the discussion on JAI/Image IO

From my point pretty good research about the current situation (since 2006), the forks and existing CQ's.

I can't add anything here except the library/native libs order of JAI and Image-IO Bundles. All files with suffix _jai should be listed down below

Java Advanced Imaging (1.1.3):
jai_codec-1.1.3.jar
* jai_core-1.1.3.jar
mlibwrapper_jai.jar
* Windows specific (32bit)
  * mlib_jai_util.dll
  * mlib_jai.dll
* Linux
  * libmlib_jai.so  (different binary files for 32bit and 64bit environments, same name)

and

Java Advanced Imaging ImageIO (1.1)
jai_imageio-1.1.jar
clibwrapper_jiio.jar
* Windows specific:
  * clib_jiio_sse2.dll
  * clib_jiio_util.dll
  * clib_jiio.dll
* Linux
  * libclib_jiio.so (different binary files for 32bit and 64bit environments, same name)

HTH,
Frank