Re: [linuxtools-dev] Rebuilding with Source Modifications

>   2. Is there some way to convince the build to just recompile the source
>      files which have changed?  Looking at a few of the low-level build.xml
>      files, I see that the pattern is to create a @dot directory if it
>      doesn't already exist and compile the code into there.  If that
>      directory already exists (which can happen if you pass -Dnoclean=true
>      to the Ant process), it won't do anything - even if one or more of the
>      source files has changed.

I'm not sure how useful this may be but I've occasionally needed to make changes
to the test sources, and then re-run the sdk tests. I would basically just do a
clean on the source directory then regenerate the jar file. Then I'd just copy
over the jar to where the tests get installed. There's some small documentation
here : http://wiki.eclipse.org/Linux_Tools_Project/Eclipse_Build/Tests

--
Roland Grunberg

Back to the top