Re: [leshan-dev] Maven Eclipse Plugin

The Maven Eclipse Plugin Team advice to use m2e now, but as it's said on its main page :
"...  there are project setups and workflows that still work more efficiently with statically generated Eclipse metadata - for example when there is a large number of projects in a reactor. That's where the Maven Eclipse Plugin can still help you."

We currently don't push in our code repository the eclipse files, this allow developers to choose which IDE they want to use to develop Leshan.
The maven eclipse plugin allow us to add specific eclipse configuration to projects (like a formatter at project level).

Users could still use m2e but they need to some configuration by hands (like adding formatter, code template ...)
The perfect solution would be to have the possibility to do a mvn eclipse:eclipse or a mvn eclipse:m2e (that was able with old version of MavenEclipsePlugin ... I don't know why they remove it)

Simon