[leshan-dev] Maven Eclipse Plugin

Hi,

I have been going through leshan's parent POM and noticed that we are still configuring the Maven Eclipse Plugin in there. This propably stems from a time when it was not that easy to import a maven project into eclipse and thus needed to create the eclipse project files using this plugin beforehand. However, times are a-changin' and my assumption is that most developers are using an eclipse version >= Luna today and thus can take advantage of the m2e eclipse plugin doing the job for them. I therefore think that we should simply remove the maven eclipse plugin definition from the POM which will also prevent the additional creation of the M2_REPO environment variable based additions to the build classpath which is simply not necessary anymore with modern eclipse versions.

Any objections?

Regards,
Kai

Back to the top