Re: [jetty-users] migration woes from version 9 to 10 - possible character encoding issue

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 6, 2022 at 5:08 PM Bryan Coleman via jetty-users
<jetty-users@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I believe I have narrowed the issue down to the login arena (i.e. login / authentication / authorization).
>
> I am using a fallback authenticator which is an extension of the ConfigurableSpnegoAuthenticator and works to authenticate clients using a myriad of options (Spnego, NTLM, Basic).
>
> With jetty 10, if I change things to start with the BasicAuthenticator, provide credentials, stop things and then restart with the FallbackAuthenticator it works; however, if I start with the FallbackAuthenticator out of the gate it tries to do Anonymous authentication and fails.

>From your description, seems to be a problem in your FallbackAuthenticator...

> Questions:
>
>         Any ideas?
>
>         Has anything changed with the Spnego setup requirements from jetty 9 to 10?

No.

>         Is there a good reference for Spnego setup?  (I noticed that the programming guide still shows TODO for HttpClient SPNEGO authentication support)

Look at the tests, see
https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/blob/jetty-10.0.11/jetty-client/src/test/java/org/eclipse/jetty/client/util/SPNEGOAuthenticationTest.java.

--
Simone Bordet