Re: [jetty-users] Out-of-order requests in log?

If you use the new `CustomRequestLog` you can configure the output format to include one of the `%T` variants which will produce the time it took to serve the request.

Keep in mind that the RequestLog writes when the request/response exchange is complete.
So it could also be an artifact of a slow client that isn't reading as quickly as you expect.
The time in the Servlet could have been blazingly fast, and it produced say 1MB of response data.
The dispatch to the Servlet is done, and what's left is the Container needs to write that 1MB to the client.
Once that entire 1MB is done writing, then the RequestLog is produced.

Joakim Erdfelt / joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 4:23 AM John English <john.foreign@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 30/01/2022 23:04, Peter Boughton wrote:
> It's probably slow requests.
>
> The timestamps are that of the incoming request, but since the logs
> include response status and content length the log entry wont be added
> until those details are available (i.e. the response is completed).

Hmm, right, of course.

There is no reason on the face of it that those requests should take so
long, so I'll investigate -- maybe there's a DB locking issue or some
such related to the problem I'm looking at.

Many thanks for the help,
--
John English