Re: [jdt-dev] what exactly does the PR job on jenkins build?

Am 18.06.24 um 21:30 schrieb Jörg Kubitz via jdt-dev:
Its a configuration that was changed by Andrey ~1 year ago, because he
wanted to see a tests on what exactly was submited.

What is the advantage of that? I see only disadvantage.

I assume every contributor tests locally exactly what he/she is going to submit. Afterwards I want to know how the change will behave in master. What is wrong with that?

As long as you
rebase to head - as we usually do - there is no rebase anyway.

I knew someone would say that :)

I know that people keep preaching this, but such repetition doesn't improve github's support to work with review histories across force push, which is lousy if you ask me.

But let's simply agree to disagree in this regard. I will continue to require no-force-push on a PR while I'm reviewing, and let you do whatever you think good. Let's keep the truce.

Perhaps the strategy for PR builds can still be discussed regardless of the issue of force-push?

thanks,
Stephan