[jdt-dev] what exactly does the PR job on jenkins build?

Some time I ago I checked that each PR build actually builds the result of locally merging the PR with master (or whatever target branch).

Re-checking today, it looks like the HEAD of the PR is built directly. This would imply that a successful PR build does not inform us about the result after the PR is eventually merged, which looks risky to me.

Has any such change been applied intentionally?

Looking at the job config history on Jenkins I see that Sravan initially set ForkPullRequestDiscoveryTrait.strategyId to 1, whereas on 2024-05-02 the user "SYSTEM" changed this to 2. Who is "SYSTEM"? If I interpret the documentation [1] correctly, then this meant a switch from strategy MERGE to HEAD.

I can only guess that this caused the change in behavior that I observed.

If possible, and no serious objections I'd like to get the previous behavior back :)

thanks,
Stephan

[1] https://javadoc.jenkins.io/plugin/github-branch-source/org/jenkinsci/plugins/github_branch_source/ForkPullRequestDiscoveryTrait.html

Back to the top