[jdt-debug-dev] Debugging Framework Overview

Hi,
Is there any documentation around that describes the JDT debug plug-in model in relation to the Eclipse platform debug framework?

Also, is there any documentation on how JDT debug plug-in relates to the Sun JPDA - JDI, JDWP, JVMDI?

I've had a look at some of the source code, but I think I might better understand the mapping between the frameworks/technologies if there was some UML-like diagrams somewhere.

I've read through "How to write an Eclipse debugger" from Eclipse Corner, and downloaded the slides and examples from EclipseCon2005 (Wish I could of went, but Im a student in the UK).

I guess these questions aren't specific, still trying to get a good understanding of many aspects of Eclipse.

Thanks

Joe

Back to the top