Re: [jdt-debug-dev] Debugging Framework Overview

You have found all the documentation that exists :-)

The Java debugger implements the platform's debug API via JDI. The Eclipse
Java debugger provides an API that is documented via javadoc in its public
interfaces. The Eclipse Java debugger API does not expose the JDI
implementation in its API.

Darin

Joe Tague <jtague@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jdt-debug-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
03/12/2005 06:21 AM
Please respond to
jdt-debug-dev

jdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[jdt-debug-dev] Debugging Framework Overview

Hi,
    Is there any documentation around that describes the JDT debug
plug-in model in relation to the Eclipse platform debug framework?

Also, is there any documentation on how JDT debug plug-in relates to the
Sun JPDA - JDI, JDWP, JVMDI?

I've had a look at some of the source code, but I think I might better
understand the mapping between the frameworks/technologies if there was
some UML-like diagrams somewhere.

I've read through "How to write an Eclipse debugger" from Eclipse
Corner, and downloaded the slides and examples from EclipseCon2005 (Wish
I could of went, but Im a student in the UK).

I guess these questions aren't specific, still trying to get a good
understanding of many aspects of Eclipse.

Thanks

Joe