Re: [jdt-debug-dev] StackFrames and Variables

One more thing...

Looking at our code that collects the votes, if a voter throws an
exception, we mark the vote as "DONT_CARE". This would mean that if your
voter were throwing an exception, the thread would suspend.

Darin

Joe Tague <jtague@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jdt-debug-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
02/23/2005 08:04 AM
Please respond to
jdt-debug-dev

jdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[jdt-debug-dev] StackFrames and Variables

In the course of trying to record some information when debugging I have
an implementation of IJavaBreakpointListener. When my
JavaMethodBreakpoints are hit I simply printout some information to the
console. My breakpoints have been set up to not suspend execution of the
  debugee.

I have the following code to print out some information:

System.out.println
("<METHOD=\""+breakpoint.getMarker().getAttribute("METHOD").toString()+"\"

");

System.out.print
("SIGNATURE=\""+breakpoint.getMarker().getAttribute("SIG").toString()+"\"
");

System.out.print
("LINE=\""+breakpoint.getMarker().getAttribute(IMarker.LINE_NUMBER).toString()+"\"/>");

IJavaStackFrame[] frames = (IJavaStackFrame[]) thread.getStackFrames();
   for(int i=0;i<frames.length;i++){
       List variables = frames[i].getArgumentTypeNames();
       Iterator iter = variables.iterator();
           while(iter.hasNext()){
             System.out.println
                     ("<VARIABLE =\""+iter.next().toString()+"\"/>");
             }
    }

This is contained in my breakpointHit(..) method that always returns a
result of IJavaBreakpointListener.DONT_SUSPEND. However this code seems
to suspend the execution of the debugee. I launch the debugee by using
the Debug As.. button in the Run-time Workbench, before this would
execute the debugee without suspending the execution when the
breakpoints were hit.

How can I get the information from StackFrames, Variables and their
Values without suspending the execution of the debugee?

TIA for any help anyone can provide

Joe

(Note: I know the information for method/signature can be returned from
the breakpoint itself, however I have annotated other information to the
marker that I use it's just not shown here)