Re: [jdt-debug-dev] where is the jdt debugger is called in Launch() method

> i wanted to know this since i will want to have my own
> model debugger, which will be different in
> functionality then from that of jdt debugger.
> so plz can any one just explain me where actauly does
> this jdt debugger is called in launch().

The debug framework is designed as follows:

* A launch delegate is contributed for a launch configuration type
(potentially, a different delegate can be provided for different launch
modes). The launch delegate launches a configruation. In the case of the
Java debugger, the launch delegate performs further delegation to a
VMRunner, that launches a VM is a particular mode.
* A set of tabs are contributed to configure a type of launch
configuration (potentially, a different set of tabs can be contributed for
different launch modes).

However, the infrastructure is not designed to handle different Java
debuggers for the same launch configuration type. You would need to define
a new launch configruation type if you want to have a new/different Java
debugger in the SDK.

To see where the Java debugger is actually launched, follow the code:
LaunchConfiguration.launch(...) >
JavaLocalApplicationLaunchConfigurationDelegate.launch(...) >
StandardVMDebugger.run(...).

Darin

Back to the top