From: Arjan Tijms <arjan.tijms@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, 18 March 2024 at 8:41
PM
To: Alwin Joseph <alwin.joseph@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Scott Marlow <smarlow@xxxxxxxxxx>, jakartaee-tck developer discussions <jakartaee-tck-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Gurunandan Rao <gurunandan.rao@xxxxxxxxxx>, Edward Burns <Edward.Burns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ivar Grimstad <ivar.grimstad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Lukas Jungmann <lukas.jungmann@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Official Annotations 3.0.0 TCK?

Hi

I did look at the Common Annotations TCK, and it’s basically only a signature test:
https://github.com/jakartaee/common-annotations-api/blob/master/tck/pom.xml

Though I have to say that this test class doesn’t look universal to me:

Would it not be easier if the runner pom just:

1. Downloaded the GlassFish distribution used for testing

2. Defined a property to point to the commons API jar file within the just downloaded GlassFish

3. Run the Signature test plugin with the previously generated sig file and the just defined property as input?

Maybe also clearer to the generation of the signature is a separate module, so that's clear this is not part of the TCK test, but something the project maintainers only do once? For that the project could perhaps just copy this one and adjust for the CA coordinates: https://github.com/jakartaee/faces/blob/4.1/tck/faces-signaturegen/pom.xml

Kind regards,

Arjan Tijms